I made this super-moist chocolate zucchini cake for a graduation cake for Jeff. It's from a recipe from our friend Matt Lambert's girlfriend, Adeline Zensius (awesome name, eh?).
Here's the directions Adeline sent me:
Mix in small bowl:
2 c flour
2 t baking soda
1 t salt
2/3 c cocoa
Combine:
4 eggs
2 c sugar
1 1/2 c oil
2 T vanilla
Add dry ingredients to wet, then add:
4 c grated zucchini (press it in a strainer to get out the excess liquid)
1/2 c mini chocolate chips (you can leave these out if you don't have 'em)
350 for 40-45 minutes for 2 nine inch rounds
So, the best thing to do when you bake it is to grease a piece of round parchment paper and place it at the bottom of each of the cake pans. I didn't do that last time and it wasn't pretty :)
I just did a chocolate ganache on top and chocolate powdered sugar frosting in the middle.
Also, to be honest, I like this recipe better as cupcakes... and you can also double it for sheet cake, I believe.
Here's the directions Adeline sent me:
Mix in small bowl:
2 c flour
2 t baking soda
1 t salt
2/3 c cocoa
Combine:
4 eggs
2 c sugar
1 1/2 c oil
2 T vanilla
Add dry ingredients to wet, then add:
4 c grated zucchini (press it in a strainer to get out the excess liquid)
1/2 c mini chocolate chips (you can leave these out if you don't have 'em)
350 for 40-45 minutes for 2 nine inch rounds
So, the best thing to do when you bake it is to grease a piece of round parchment paper and place it at the bottom of each of the cake pans. I didn't do that last time and it wasn't pretty :)
I just did a chocolate ganache on top and chocolate powdered sugar frosting in the middle.
Also, to be honest, I like this recipe better as cupcakes... and you can also double it for sheet cake, I believe.
I think he liked it.
No comments:
Post a Comment